Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just Breathe for Balance

I've been out-of-sorts lately, still healing from the turmoil of the past year. I'm out of balance and out of touch with parts of myself, such as my creative drive, my personal power and my sense of self-worth. I knew that I needed to bring all these disparate parts of myself back into balance, but I didn't know how to go about doing that. I asked my Higher Self for direction and I received a very powerful waking vision:

I'm standing in a white room wearing a long, flowing white gown. There are four doors in front of me. Although I'm not close enough to physically open them, I open the doors with my mind, my energy. I start with the door farthest on the left. As it begins to open I wonder who I will see on the other side. But it's not a person. I see a blue sky with puffy, white clouds. I open the next door and see a pale, purple light. The next door reveals a night sky with stars and the behind the last door is black darkness. I raise my arms to shoulder height and face my palms toward the doors. The light energy from the two doors on the left go to my left hand and the dark energy from the doors on the right go to my right hand. Neither energy is good or bad, but like Yin and Yang, they are two halves of one whole. I close my palms together in a prayer position over my heart chakra to integrate the light and darkness.

Then I see a trap door in the floor in front of me. I open it and it is filled with white light. I hear a voice say, "Jump!" I hesitate on the threshold, too scared to jump through. But I gather my courage and leap into the opening. I land in a crouched position on a stone walkway, which cracks with the impact. I feel powerful and strong. I hear, "Like a cat, I always land on my feet." I stand up and there is a quiver of arrows on my back and a bow in my hand. I load an arrow, take aim and shoot. The bow turns into a bird and flies away. I'm not sure which direction to go - perhaps I will follow the arrow but perhaps not. I decide not to decide just yet. I can come back to this place when I'm ready. I hear a voice sing to me, "Breathe, just breathe..."

I shared my vision with my Dream Circle. Their advice was to follow what my vision told me and just breathe. Honestly, after fighting through a cold for the last few days, it feels great to be able to breathe freely again. Breath is life. We can go for days without food and water but only a few minutes without taking a breath. Focusing on my breath is focusing on my life. And that is the first step in truly living!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment