Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Old Man in the Mountain

I hadn't been dreaming much since discovering that I have blood clots in my lungs, going to the hospital via ambulance and starting treatment with blood thinners. I was pretty shaken up by the whole ordeal, so I asked my Dream Source to send me a dream or an image about where I am in my life's journey right now. My Dream Source delivered both a short dream and a quick image that conveyed a message of hope.

In my dream, I saw a large book with a plain cover on top of a pile of clothes in my bedroom. I picked up the book which was filled with blank, lined pages. I realized that it is the Book of Life and that there are many more pages for me to fill. I got the sense that life is a three act play and that I'm still in the middle act. As I turned the pages, there were beautiful, landscape photographs. The one I remember most clearly showed snow covered evergreens on a mountain top. Toward the end of the book was a photograph of the Old Man in the Mountain, and I knew that eventually I will reach old age, but I haven't gotten there yet. I'm still climbing up the mountain.


Then I had a quick image of looking down a very long flight of stairs. The staircase was outdoors with wide, stone steps and landings. Looking down, I could see how far I've come.


The two dreams were like bookends, showing me both the future and the past. I could see how far I've come, but there is more life to live, more laundry left to do! I'm at the end of the middle act of life and there is yet one more act to come. So stay tuned, fellow travelers. Let's climb up the mountain together and see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment