Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Thursday, February 10, 2011

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream...

Ay, there's the rub! I'm buzzing along this morning on three and a half hours of sleep. As we all know, sleep disturbances are common in fibromyalgia and good sleep regulation is key to feeling better. Since going on blood thinners a month ago, I haven't been able to use my favorite sleep formula, Rest and Restore, because one of the ingredients interacts with the Coumadin. As a result, I wake up every few hours through out the night - just like having a newborn but without the breastfeeding part.

I'm keeping a sleep diary and I've tried several different strategies, such as taking a timed released Melatonin before bed and not napping during the day. So far, nothing has broken this disturbing sleep pattern. I'm thinking about going back on Nortriptyline which has helped me to regulate sleep in the past. I've also used a good sleep med called Sonata, but it's not something that I want to take on a nightly basis. My rheumatologist suggested doing a sleep study to find out what's really going on. I'm meeting with her tomorrow to talk about next steps.
 
When I was at the Fibro and Fatigue Center, they put me on a sleep formula called Rest and Restore which you can purchase online. I recommend it for an effective, natural sleep remedy.

Has anyone out there had good luck with sleep aids, sleep meds, sleep studies, etc.? Let us know about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment