Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Dream Literally Came True!

My "dream" studio under construction in the real world!
Have you ever had something from your dream life become manifest in your waking life? That's what happened to me a few weeks ago after my Tai Chi class. The hospital that hosts our class is building a new Health and Wellness Center, including a studio with a mirror for Tai Chi and QiGong classes. Our class was invited to check out the new center which was still under construction, so I did. There was a nice reception area with a hallway back to the conference rooms and classrooms. I found a studio with a full mirror on one wall so I knew it was the place. I walked in and saw a room that looked exactly like a studio I had dreamed about! I was so amazed that I snapped a few photos with my cell phone to capture the scene. I shared the photos with my Dream Circle, and they were amazed at how prophetic my dream had been.

Let me back up a little bit and share the sequence of dreams that led to my "dream" studio. On March 17, 2011 I had a dream that I titled "Making Room." In the dream, I'm staying in a ritzy hotel suite and my parents are in the suite next door. I want to move the wall forward by three feet, so the manager comes to my room to look at the wall. I tell her that if we move the wall there will be a space between the rooms. The manager opens a door on the wall that reveals a space that already exists between the two suites. It's a dark, interior space and I can see the framing behind the walls. I tell my mom, "You know, by the time they even start working on moving the wall, we'll be gone."

I was curious about that dark, hidden, womb-like space. It seemed connected to my interior life, my creative life, which I've been wanting to expand (perhaps by three feet?). On March 26, I woke at 4:00 a.m. and decided to find out more. I closed my eyes and put myself into the dark, hidden space between the two rooms and asked some direct questions:

Q: What am I supposed to do in here?

A: It's not about doing, it's about being.

Q: Then what am I supposed to be in here?

A: I saw a quick flash of another interior room that felt like an artist's basement studio. There was a sink and cabinets on the back wall and a window on the right. It was furnished with a table and chairs on one side and a sitting area on the other. I got up and jotted down the floor plan - which, lo and behold, looks exactly like the new Tai Chi studio! I was especially struck with the wall of cabinets (see photo below) that was arranged exactly like my dream with the sink on the left, cabinets overhead, a floor-to-ceiling cabinet on the right, and a window on the perpendicular wall. All the real room needed was some furniture to be a direct match with my dream studio.

This is the room all about "being" and not "doing" just as my Higher Self instructed me. Here I will practice Tai Chi, the goal of which is to be in the moment and become "nothing." This is the state most conducive to creativity and well-being. A message my Dream Source was wise to send me! As far as my creative life, I've decided to just "let it be." When the time is right, it will come back in full force, better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment