Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Universe says "YES!"

If I was feeling a bit uncertain about starting this blog and putting my life out there for the whole world to see, I'm sure I'm doing the right thing now.

My friend sent me a link to an article titled "6 Ways to Feel Better with Fibromyalgia" on the Everyday Health website. Lo and behold, the second bullet point encouraged writing about your experiences as a way to help deal with the pain. And I quote:
Unleash your creativity. Expressing the way you feel through writing or art has been proven to relieve pain and improve symptoms. One study found that female fibromyalgia patients who wrote about their traumatic experiences had a significant reduction in their pain and fatigue and became more psychologically healthy overall. 
Check out the entire article for more tips such as listening to music, relaxation techniques (I use guided visualizations all the time and it really helps),  and aroma therapy.

6 Ways to Feel Better with Fibromyalgia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy,
    I think this will go through. Hurrah for you to start this. I know it will help a lot of people.
    It could be a great and awesome doorway for you.

    See you next week,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete