Continue on this maintenance program for a minimum of three weeks to make sure your weight has stabilized. You must stay within two pounds of what you weighed at the end of the hCG phase. If you gain more than two pounds, you must do a "correction day" to get your weight back within the two pound range so that your body understands it must maintain this set point. Dr. Simeon's traditional correction day is called a "steak day" but you may use an "apple day" or several other options.
Correction Day Options:
- Steak day: skip breakfast and lunch and drink lots of water. In the evening, eat a huge steak (12-16 oz.) with NO SALT and only one apple or raw tomato.
- Apple day: eat six apples through out the day and only drink enough water to quench your thirst.
- Protein Powder day: skip breakfast and lunch and drink lots of water. In the evening, drink 5 scoops of whey, rice or pea protein powder made into shakes and only one apple or raw tomato.
- Egg day: eat only eggs all day as hunger dictates - about 8 to 12 eggs during the day. You can add mayonnaise, butter, cheese or coconut oil.
- Nut day: eat raw nuts with the highest fat content, about 2500 calories for the day. Try to eat some nuts every hour.
- Chicken day: roast an entire chicken (don't use store bought which can have added sugars). Eat both legs and thighs with the skin. Take a break, then continue to eat through out the day as you're hungry, starting with the dark meat and working to the white meat, including the skin.
Once you have maintained your weight for three weeks, you can either go back to the hCG drops and 500 calorie diet to lose more weight, or you can move onto the the next phase, which is a transition to eating for the rest of your life. More about that later!