Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Laughing and crying, you know it's the same release. Joni Mitchell

Friday, May 27, 2011

28-day Cleanse: Day 12

I am so sick of berry-flavored protein shakes that I can barely gag it down any more. It doesn't taste bad, but it doesn't taste great either. No matter what I mix it with - almond milk, fruit juice, bananas, berries, peaches - it still tastes the same! Three shakes a day, same chalky flavor, same gritty consistency. Between that and the 90 ounces of water (I never seem to be able to drink quite that much) I'm running to the bathroom all day long. And the worse part is that I don't feel any different nor have I lost any weight - with nothing but protein shakes, fruits and veggies for the past week. My dinner tonight was steamed broccoli and cauliflower and of course, a berry-flavored protein shake. Ugh!

My family is downstairs eating Chinese take-out, but I couldn't trust myself around steamed dumplings and boneless spareribs. So, I'm upstairs writing this stupid blog instead. Okay, it's not a stupid blog, but come on - pork fried rice in the house while I'm eating steamed rabbit food? It's torture. At least tomorrow night I'm going to a graduation party hosted by my friend who's a vegan. I should be able to find something to eat and not feel like the leper at a royal banquet. Tomorrow is my last day on shakes, fruit and veggies only. Maybe I won't be so cranky when I can start adding whole food categories back into my diet. And let's hope this cleanse is doing it's job of detoxing my system. After all, that's why I'm putting myself through this berry-flavored torture in the first place!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment